1 Acre Lot Size
1947 Year Built
5,000 Square Footage
Welcome to a family home that sits on a private acre with three levels of spacious living, five car garage, and in-law suite.
This brick and stone 4-bedroom, 3 ½ bath custom cape unfolds one expansive room after another. Set in the tranquil community of Centerport, New York, this custom home boasts French doors that lead to a large slate and brick porch ideal for outdoor dining with views of the gardens, topped by an open sun porch, and a third screened-in porch off the kitchen.
The home has stunning architectural details and is an integration of updated kitchen and baths against arched doorways, plaster walls, and original hardwoods. The 25×30 living room boasts a Carrera marble fireplace with side bookshelves and a 12’ picture window overlooking one of five gardens.
Let your imagination run wild with a 50×20 great room with hardwood floors, cathedral ceiling, a wet-sink bar, and half bath. The possibilities of this phenomenal room include a master suite and sanctum, or a pool/playroom.
Unique details can be enjoyed throughout the home, including:
- Kitchen-Aide double ovens with matching 5-door refrigerator, Wolf stovetop, and Bosch dishwasher.
- Master bath with Carrera marble, slipper tub, and designer tile shower.
- Walk-in level with alternative uses, including two bedrooms to accommodate extended family, media room, laundry room, and 15×11 cedar closet – OR – a home-office with a walk-in reception area, three offices, and full bath.
- In-law suite/studio showcases one-bedroom, cathedral ceilings, hardwood floors, updated kitchen, and a private patio.
- Heated tile floors
- Free-standing three-car commercial garage; attached two-car garage.
- Owned Solar panels that reduce electric costs by one third.
- Central vac, in-ground sprinklers.
- Parking for multiple cars/boat/RV.
- Centerport is a waterfront community with an express train to Manhattan in the much sort after Harborfields school district.
YOUR CORNER OF THE WORLD
Centerport is one of the most desirable residential locations on Long Island, a town rich with history, legacy, and culture. It is home to exquisite architecture, tree-lined streets, private beaches, a nature preserve, and Harborfields, a much sort-after school district. The area boasts an unparalleled convenience for families, commuters, students, and more, to live just close enough without the hectic bustle of New York City.